Our ‘Big Power’ spec MQB Intercooler kit has been developed specifically for highly tuned applications up to 600BHP, as well as offering good performance improvements and scope for further tuning on a standard spec car.
Our intercooler features the following.
- All Aluminium fully brazed Tube & Fin Extruded Tube Core
- High flow TIG Welded Aluminium End Tanks
- Billet CNC machined mounting pins
- Lightweight construction
- Skilfully hand TIG welded by highly experienced welder/fabricators.
- Direct replacement for the standard intercooler with no modifications to the OE cooling package or front end.
- Much greater internal volume when compared to the OE intercooler - OE = 5.1lts vs Pro Alloy = 9.3lts
To achieve such a large performance improvement without modifying the original cooling package we have utilised our very latest design of high flow extruded thin wall intercooler tube. This combined with carefully designed lightweight fabricated end tanks allows superior internal charge air flow characteristics.
We have used our own proven ‘Tube & Fin’ core design which provides a lightweight unit with low thermal mass, which results in fast recovery temperatures ensuring charge air temps remain low lap after lap. This clever design and utilisation of space enables this intercooler to offer an impressive 82% increase in internal volume over the original Intercooler. These features offer improvements to throttle response and ‘Lag’ due the high-flow tube design providing excellent internal charge air flow. Helping to significantly reduce ‘across-intercooler’ pressure drop when compared to the OE unit.
All proudly manufactured start to finish here in the UK.
Available in satin silver or black powder coated finish.