We tackled development of this product in a very different way to some of our previous products – Using our own MK3 Focus development car, our in house design team spent many hours creating a 3D CAD model, then utilising our 3D printing equipment we were able to produce a full scale exact 3D printed mock-up enabling us to precisely check fitment and appearance of the tank in the RS engine bay.
Once satisfied with the design our machine shop were able to produce elaborate press tooling enabling us to press the top and bottom aluminium bodies. This engineering technique has made it possible for us to create a beautifully designed, stand-out product that sits beautifully in the ST engine bay and really shows off the skills and experience that put Pro Alloy ahead of the competition.
The tank we’ve created features a similar appearance to the original plastic Ford tank but with all the benefits of a pressure tested and durable aluminium part.
Header Tank features
- Strong and durable pressed aluminium body
- Unlike anything else on the market
- Will not fade, discolour & crack like the original plastic unit
- CNC machined mounting pins and filler neck
- Laser cut mounting brackets
- TIG welded by highly skilled Engineers
- Pressure tested to 30Psi
- Direct replacement for OE tank utilising original mounting points and cap.
- Supplied complete with fitting kit.
- Available in a range of attractive finishes.
- Also fits Focus RS MK3
- Billet sight glass upgrade available to make it easy to check your coolant level.
Available in a range of different colours and finishes. Textured black for a subtle OE look, satin brushed aluminium, or all out mirror polished - Perfect for your show car.