Want to reduce your air intake temps by up to 70% and add 20+ BHP?
(20+ bhp without a re-map or any other modifications)
The Exige S suffers terribly with heat soak into the intercooler, the problem is two fold..
- The tiny air to air intercooler is actually mounted above the engine - Therefore the heat rising from the engine soaks into the intercooler.
- The cold air feed to the intercooler is through a small air scoop in the roof which provides nowhere near enough air flow to take the heat away. This is evident after the intercooler has heat soaked as the temperatures seem to take forever to come back down to a stable level.
You can actually feel the effects of this after sitting in traffic - The car immediately feels 'sluggish' as the ECU is detecting the extra heat and it retards the ignition to protect itself from detonation.
We have Exige S customers tell us that they have problems passing normally aspirated Exiges when the car has been driven hard on track!
The obvious cure to this problem is to use a charge cooler - A water to air intercooler.
A charge cooler kit consists of a charge cooler unit which replaces the standard air to air intercooler, a Bosch water pump feeds the water to an auxiliary cooling radiator in the high air flow area at the front of the car, the water is then pumped back to the alloy header tank which is situated in the engine bay.
The water is cooled by a full size pre rad which is bolted to the underside of the main engine water radiator and air conditioning condenser.
This kit also includes new engine cooling fans which bolt to the top of the main engine water radiator, this has a number of advantages including;
- A huge surface area and capacity.
- The engine cooling fans also cool the charge cooler water when the car is stationary therefore eliminating the heat soak issues.
- The risk of stone damage to the pre rad is greatly reduced with the radiator horizontal to the air flow.
- Cabin air temperatures remain unaffected as the pre rad is not in front of the air con air intakes.
The kit consists of the following parts..
Add one of our twin row, high efficiency, aluminium radiators to this kit at a reduced price. A must if you haven't already upgraded the standard plastic end tanked radiator.
The kit is available in satin silver or satin black.